We wanted to post the following information, which we received from the National Society of Professional Engineers, for our NYSSPE student members. The U.S. demand for technical talent remains high, and this has been positive for new college graduates with engineering degrees.
Six engineering majors are among the top 10 majors with the highest average starting salaries, according to a National Association of Colleges and Employers report.
Top Paying Majors for New College Graduates in 2012:
- Computer Engineering—$70,400
- Chemical Engineering—$66,400
- Computer Science—$64,400
- Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering—$64,000
- Mechanical Engineering—$62,900
- Electrical/Electronics and Communications Engineering—$62,300
- Civil Engineering—$57,600
- Construction Science/Management—$56,600
- Information Sciences and Systems—$56,100